Grounded in the healing ministry of Jesus, St. Pius X Health Ministry recognizes the body, mind, spirit connection as an integral part of health and healing. The purpose of this ministry is to offer opportunities for individuals, families, and the parish community to become active participants in their own physical, spiritual and emotional growth and well being. Some of the activities are:
- Yearly exercise challenge ((Bethlelem Journey, Jerusalem journey, etc.
- Yearly distribution of colon cancer screening kits
- Blood pressure screening
- Tai Chi classes
- CPR/AED training
- Other health education/health promotion
We are looking for volunteers to help in the following ways:
- Preparing a monthly newsletter with health ministry information
- RNs to help with blood pressure screening events
- Volunteers for weekend projects (e.g. colon cancer screening kits distribution; Healthy Habits focus weekends; walking programs)
- Making follow-up phone calls to parishioners who have been hospitalized
- RNs to make home visits to assess health situations for selected parishioners
- Card ministry to those who have been ill
We ask that you prayerfully consider joining this important community ministry.
Questions? Contact Margaret Hoarty