St. Pius X Human Needs Outreach works within our community extending assistance with basic needs such as energy, food or rent.
If you Need Assistance Call the Parish Office (402-558-8446), ask for the Human Needs Line (you will be transferred).
- Leave you name, address, phone number, brief message.
- A volunteer will call you back within a couple of days and visit with you about our capability of helping you. If we can, you will be asked to come to the parish to meet with someone to talk further about your needs.
- We can only help with food, rent and utilities.
- We ask that those seeking help live within our parish boundaries (Between 52nd and 90th, and Western and Maple) or are parishioners.
St. Pius X is a community of caring individuals, committed to the teachings of Christ as they relate to serving physical and spiritual needs. Our Human Needs Outreach offers parishioners the opportunity to serve others, especially the least of our brothers and sisters, who are struggling with basic necessities.
You can help if you…
- Wish to thrive in a team-oriented ministry.
- Enjoy connecting with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Find satisfaction in helping others.
- Desire to get to know the community surrounding St. Pius X Parish.
- Help staff the pantry
- Help with the Adopt-A-Family
Team Responsibilities (2 or 3 on each team)
(Training and mentoring provided.)
- Members take turns checking the Outreach line and screening the calls.
Volunteer teams take turns staffing the Wednesday night shifts (4:00-6:00 pm)
- Work with individuals to discern whether or not St. Pius X can help with basic needs.
- Make the follow up calls to the necessary people (i.e mud, oppd, etc.)
- Record keeping (excel and paper intake forms)
Meetings: 3rd Mondays at 6:30.
For more information contact: Rita Ramos, Pastoral Associate, 558-8446,